You ever heard of this-the Liebster Award? Well, I hadn’t heard of it until recently, but I’m so charmed by the fact that Eileen over at Simply Homesteading nominated me for this award. Thanks girl!
While I was waiting by the door for my cash like prizes to arrive, I jumped on The Bing to read a little more about the Liebster Award. Basically, liebster is a German word meaning darling or sweetheart…so one can easily extrapolate that this is a nice recognition to help give care and attention to fledgling bloggers. Eileen blogs on it much more eloquently, but I’ll sum up instead: it’s the blogging world’s version of a chain letter, except it’s with the best of intentions. So, without further ado, allow me to get on with this!
My 11 random facts:
1) I have to sleep in a neat bed. I often make it again right before getting into it.
2) I have a class M drivers license.
3) I am OCD about my eye brows. They. Must. Be. Neat. At. All. Times.
4) I loathe putting away laundry. Like, I’d rather bathe a plague ridden leper with scabies (no offense if that is part of my readership) than put away laundry.
5) I adore The Blueberry, but sitting at her karate lessons (as I am right now) bores the ever living poop out of me.
6) I hate talking on the phone unless I’m being paid for it. No, not like a 976 operator. My day job involves consulting on the phone and via web. I love doing that. But sit on a phone saying nothing, I’d rather do number 4.
7) I have inadvertently taught my child the art of deal making because she tries to negotiate for everything. Sheldon is afraid that she is going to grow up and be in sales. I think worse things could happen.
8) When I was a little Shellie, I dreamed of being an Astronaut.
9) I cannot make an Apple Crumble to save my life, despite many many many efforts.
10) It’s been on my short list to go back to school and get my Masters for like 10 years. Needless to say, it’s a long short list.
11) I have a significant bug phobia. Like screaming, yelling, run away run away phobia. Yeah, I know I live in the country. Life is full of little ironies like this.
Ok, now here are my answers to the questions given to me:
- What color shirt are you wearing right now? Black, but technically I was wearing purple when I first read this. Did I get this one right?
- What is your favorite day of the week and why? Friday night because it’s family movie/mommy wine night!
- If you could do without one piece of electrical equipment what would it be? My smart phone. I have been known to be standing out in a field looking something up…not easy to do with even a tablet.
- What would your perfect yearly weather be? Oh my-I love all seasons. Fall and Winter are my favs. We live in a moderate climate here in Missouri, so I’m good with all!
- If you had unlimited acres, unlimited money, how many different kinds of animals would you have? Hmm..I don’t have a good answer to this bc we have enough acreage to have what I would want.
- How many photos of family do you have up in your house? Uh, I don’t know…some? More than 3, less than 20?
- How many hours a day are you on the computer? Be honest! Well, during my “work days”, it’s close to 8. During “Mommy Fun Days” and weekends, it’s closer to an average of 1 or less.
- If you had unlimited money what charity would you support? Hmm..I struggle with this one too because I think people can always give to charity even if it’s just time, extra stuff or good press. We typically support the churches that we like, a local homeless shelter by the name of Souls Harbor in Rogers, AR and various womens shelters and pet rescues.
- How many hours of sleep do you get? Ugh. 5-7 at best.
- What one chore would you never do again if someone else were to do it exactly as you do? Dishes. Laundry. Cleaning the litter boxes.
- What is your favorite store to shop at? What’s shopping? Seriously-I do most shopping on line. Does Amazon count as a store?
Ok, so if I have the drill right, from this point, I’m supposed to select 11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who blog in the same type of areas as us to nominate for the Liebster Award thereby continuing to spread the love and traffic with other bloggers. Alas, this is my challenge. This blog is literally minutes old. I think the ink is still drying on my domain agreement. So, we’re still getting to know the other bloggers out there. In addition, because our lives are dual (like so so many of you), I blog both about homesteading and work stuff. As a result, I’m going to break with tradition a bit and just give you some other blogs that I think you should look at because I think these folks are awesome and they deserve the recognition. She’s not on the list, but I like her blog, so check out Simply Homesteading too please! And if these folks feel like it, here are my 11 questions that I would be curious about:
1) Are you a country or city homesteader?
2) Why do you do it-the homestead/farming/back to basics life?
3) If you could go back in time a year, what would you change?
4) If you could have any super power, what would it be?
5) Imagine it’s your last meal on earth…what would you have?
6) What do you wish someone else could teach you?
7) What do you take in your coffee? Sugar? Cream? Baileys? (Yes to all three for me in case you were wondering)
8) If you could visit any country, where would you go and why?
9) Last thing you learned that you were afraid to learn
10) Do you shout out the answers to Jeopardy questions like me?
11) What’s your secret vice? I don’t mean vice vice people. This is a nice girl blog. I mean like cookies. Sheesh.
Ok, that’s it! Without further ado here is my list of people that I just think you should check out because their content and writing is worth it:
1) My Eclectic Life Excellent blog on lots of topics. Duh-the name?
2) Burleigh’s Waiting This is the story of one of my new favorite families and their journey to adoption from outside the US.
3) The gorgeous food porn of my pal Lisa at What Lolita Eats
4) The work seriousness from a seriously awesome lady at Pamela K Henry & Associates because just like me, this blog isn’t only about homesteading.
5) The Dad point of view at Homestead Dad.
6) Simply because one of the first things I read on this blog was about her dog peeing on kale, I must also say The Yellow House.
7) Because she’s a Missouri girl too, check out Wolfwoods
And while I could pick some others, I am struggling with coming up with more blogs because as my title alludes, this blog is like 2 minutes old. But check back later and I will be able to sing the praises of even more folks. Ok, that’s it! Don’t wait at the door for your prize money-it ain’t coming. But do think about spreading the word on the blog-o-sphere and help other bloggers be found!